Monday, May 14, 2012

May Block

May's Block, which I called Earth Poetry, is the traditional block Cock's Comb. My vision for the Earth blocks are to look solid and sturdy to represent the abundance of growth on our amazing planet. Four different green batiks represent the multitude of growing greens of spring.


This block tiles nicely with lots of secondary patterns, as you can see in the quilt below.

As I played with different rotations of the blocks, I started to see the quilt radiating out from the center. So I played with colors to quickly show a different option for coloring a single block quilt.

1 comment:

  1. I looked for Cock's Comb blocks and your beautiful Earth Poetry block came up. I would like to find a fairly easy pieced direction set for this block. Did you use foundation piecing? I am trying to use the other piecing method. If you have an hints or cutting directions, I really would appreciate hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete